The main features provided by this library are:
- Parse one to many PHP file
- Parse one to many directory
- Configuration is handle by a YAML file or console command arguments
- build UML statements of a class diagram
- draw png/svg image formats if backends installed (graphviz, plantuml server)
- two generators provided by default:
Currently, the following language features are supported:
- Property and method visibility
- Static properties and methods
- Method return types natively and from doc comment
- Parameter types from type hinting and doc comment
- Parameter default values
- Class constants with value
- Property types from doc comment
- Property default values
- Implemented interfaces and parent classes
- Abstract classes
The recommended way to install this library is through composer.
If you don’t know yet what is composer, have a look on introduction.
composer require bartlett/umlwriter
Additionally, you’ll have to install GraphViz (
dot executable) and/or PlantUML jar with Java Runtime (java executable).
Users of Debian/Ubuntu-based distributions may simply invoke:
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt-get install graphviz
$ sudo apt-get install openjdk-11-jre-headless
while remaining users should install from GraphViz Download page
and from PlantUML Download page.